Friday, March 28, 2014

filling in the spaces

Two weeks ago I posted about my newest goal - to once again fit into a specific pair of jeans from a couple of years ago. I mentioned that I was going to "fill in the spaces" between my 3 main goal (which are, again, limiting Pepsi to weekends, limiting evening snacking to Fri/Sat and running 10-15 miles a week).

So how did I fill in the spaces?

The first weekend following that post, I filled in the spaces by limiting my weekend Pepsi "allowance." Usually I drink Pepsi twice a day on Fri/Sat/Sun, but that first weekend I only had it once on Friday and on Sunday. Sunday was even more of a feat because we were out for lunch after church with friends (as per usual), and I ALWAYS order a Pepsi...but this time, I stuck with water.

I also didn't snack on Friday evening. Because I wasn't hungry. So often I''ll pig out on my snack nights because I'm "allowed" to. But why even do it if I don't actually feel hungry that particular night? Granted, it's a rare thing where I don't feel like eating in the evening, but I'm glad that I recognized it that Friday night and just didn't eat anything.

I think sometimes my mentality is "I only have these two nights to snack in the evening, so if I DON'T, then I have to wait another whole week!" I need to change my mentality and take things one day at a time. Yes, I have allowed myself the privilege to snack in the evening tonight, but if I choose not to, don't think about how long I have to wait till the next time...just take it one day at a time.

During the week I also filled in the spaces with eating more fruits during the day. And limiting going to the pantry for a handful of this or a handful of that. Those aren't in my 3 main "rules" - but they are still important in order to get the results that I am wanting.\

So that was week 1. I felt really good about my decisions, and I stuck to my 3 rules really well.

And how did week 2 go? Week 2 totally and completely fell apart on me.

I think I drank Pepsi every day this week. We also baked fresh oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies on Monday night...so that has been disasterous! And I have even snacked one or two evenings if I recall correctly. Thankfully I have still been working out - I ran last Friday as well as Monday & Wednesday this week. And this morning instead of running, I did a Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones video (with modifications for my sensitive back). I figure I need to try to add in something else to help with toning and a bit of strength training. Running will still be my main work-out, but I need to mix it up with a bit something different too. Tomorrow it will be back on the treadmill though.

So, I had a bad set-back this week with my decisions. But I will push through and try to get back on track ASAP. I'm glad that my set-back was with food and not working out though. I find it's so much easier to snap back into things eating-wise - but once I get out of the routine of working out...that can be an entirely different ball game.

So I plug on ahead. Regrets from the past week? Of course. But feeling shame & guilt for it? Nope, not gonna do that. Life happens. I won't make excuses but I also won't berate myself for it either. I will just work hard at making better choices this next week.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You go girl!! That's what it's all about. We are all human, we all make mistakes. It's what we do after that counts :)

TammyIsBlessed said...

How's it going lately?

You can also find me here:

You can also find me here:
(click on button)

Search This Blog

or here

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP