Friday, January 24, 2014

so we meet again: week #3

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet. I could make it really lengthy, given the breakthrough that I had this week (yes, an even bigger breakthrough than last week!), but I'm not going to get into it. For one thing, I don't really know how to put it into words. And I honestly just don't feel like getting into it all right now anyway.


So the bottom line is this: My weight will no longer be posted on this blog. If it's really not supposed to be about that number on the scale, then why am I even posting it? I will have to report my percentage of weight loss for the next few weeks while I ride out the competition I am in, but aside from that - my numbers won't be available for anyone anymore.

Instead, I will be only posting about how I have done each week with my three main goals which are:

1) Regular exercise - running on the treadmill for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week
2) Limiting Pepsi to weekends...with the rare exception
3) Limit evening snacking to Fridays & Saturdays...with the rare exception

So how did I do this week with my main goals?

1) Exercise: 4 times on the treadmill: CHECK!
2) Pepsi:  I had one small exception yesterday afternoon when I took the girls to Subway for lunch. But I didn't even finish my Pepsi, only had about half.
3) Evening snacking: I had an apple and about 5 small crackers one evening earlier in the week

I really want to be able to say "It's about being healthy and strong - any weight loss is a bonus" and actually mean it.

And after this past week, it's getting to be closer to a reality.




1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Andrea (Mike and Ashley Thiessen's mom) ... it has been a long time since I posted on your blog. I had not read it in a while - so I took some time this afternoon. I just posted on one of my blogs about what is up with me. I like your honesty. i found myself saying, "ya, I do that too" or "yes, I relate" ... so I appreciate having someone that I know has been there before me - and has tasted success. I have not tasted that yet per se, in the area of my weight. At 55 I have to get it done - I just want to be around for my kids and grandkids! Anyhow - all the best as you are on this journey ...
Joy Klassen

You can also find me here:

You can also find me here:
(click on button)

Search This Blog

or here

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP